Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dream-coloured pictures


"I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking pictures of your feet."- Scarlett Johansson in Lost in translation.

Those are some of my favourite movie lines. Mainly because I've hidden a photography itch away for a long time, I'm afraid of being mediocre at it. There are always excuses.

On Tuesday, I spent the night transferring over 5,000 pictures and photos other people have taken into Ophelia (yes, that's her name now) and fell completely in love with how they looked in iPhoto. It's just so beautiful. Maybe that tipped something over. Yesterday, I talked about going on a photo-taking trip. The conversation just presented itself and I found courage sitting next to it.

I love how Polaroids look. Earlier this year, I thought of getting a Polaroid cam after stumbling across Nectar and light. That tiny idea was crushed when I found out that they were being discontinued.

But today, I found a free Mac application that turns your photos into Polaroids. Now, my world looks incredibly light and delicate.

No comments: