Monday, February 04, 2008

Snippets from the Big Trip Out

Melbourne was colder than expected. Important lesson learnt: never travel anywhere in the world without a pair of jeans. The days sunny days there can't hold a candle to driving out for lunch at blistering noon in Cyberjaya.


Despite trying to pace myself, I ran out of mojo over the last 3 sets of Big Day Out. Back home in Malaysia and comfortably seated, I wish that I had forced my aching legs to support me for just that little bit more during the last half of Björk, instead of shuffling to the back of the crowd to sit down and blank out. But I throughly enjoyed the first half so all is not lost.

Also, we apparently took good photos, though a modest explanation that was given is that bright light, blue skies and a fancy old building/exotic flora/a magnificent beach like Gold Coast would probably look good in any photograph. I now regret not taking more photos of the buildings. But I wanted to conserve battery life (and to a lesser extent, memory space) because opportunities to recharge were hard to come by.

I'll probably post the pictures up here but I want to try my hand at editing them first. Remember my list of things to do this year?

Shopping highlights: 3 cds, 1 dvd and and two sets of carved wooden animals. The animals deserve a post of their own soon. With proper pictures! Now that I think I can take proper pictures!

No comments: