Thursday, September 15, 2005

Resume?

A comment I received about blogs yesterday: the vast majority often degenerate into banal, insipid accounts of the writer's daily affairs (Today I went to eat char kuay tauh with my friend A. At first it was very hot but we got wet cos it rained and the roof got hole), or end up filled with inside references that only two people in the world are privy to. Well, I wanna jump on the latter bandwagon too, so lemme post some comments regarding today's teatime tete-a-tete (Tea? Hahaha. Oooo, I've started!).
From the pinnacle of virtue, beauty, intelligence and wit. How lofty it sounds! Why isn't the view loftier?
I still maintain that you're never too young to be wistful...sometimes, only the wise can be wistful.
Just a comment, the church has historically thrived when it is a minority- a little lump of yeast that leavens a whole batch of dough. Something dies when it becomes established in the mainstream, and yet we are called to work towards that. Haven't figured out a way around that paradox.
Yeah, thin hugs suck. Do you recognize any lines in my previous posts? Let me know.

To the rest of the minute masses who survey this, I leave you Dorothy Parker's best known poem. Really like her style-at once humourous and despairing; flippant on the surface and perfectly polished, yet concealing an undercurrent of pain.
Resume

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.

Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
I'd like to be as incisive as she was. Anyway, having vented out both yesterday and today (twice!), I still feel no closer to the end of the tunnel. Am half alive but I feel mostly dead. But that could just be the lack of sleep.
"The torment of existence weighed against the horror of non-being"-Watterson; sums up my frame of mind after our talk today exactly. Thanks for the clarity, teacher. If anyone can identify where it comes from, I'll buy you a drink and we can talk.