Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Relapse and Recovery

Don't worry, just a minor one over the past two days. Realised that I left out that one item from my list. I'm climbing out already and should be able to exorcise it (?) from my consciousness soon. Had a revelatory conversation with QY after class which was really like a beam of sunlight that lit up my gloom. You know, it really IS all about love.

Anyway, I need to counter-balance the past two posts. Enjoy these Pearls before Swine strips by Stephan Pastis.

Intro to the strip (taken from comics.com) : "At its heart, Pearls Before Swine is the comic strip tale of two friends: a megalomaniacal Rat who thinks he knows it all and a slow-witted Pig who doesn't know any better. Together, this pair offers caustic commentary on humanity's quest for the unattainable. The title of the strip comes from the New Testament(specifically, Matt 7:6b; I looked it up) and is taken from the phrase, "Don't cast your pearls before swine." In this case, Rat believes that he is an endless source of wisdom, and that it is wasted upon Pig, who is rather slow. In truth, neither of them is very smart, but while Pig is content with his humble status in life, Rat is always on a futile search for fame, riches and immortality.


I identify with Rat here. Anyone up for smacks?

2 comments:

hweeyen said...

Hey sista! :) Haha..found you thanks to Cason cos he linked you up.

Pretty much thought provoking stuff ha? Though I imagine you're thinking more than you actually let on. Otherwise your posts will be two pages long.

My two cents on reading? Really depends on the person - you absorb differently I guess, maybe that works for you? :)

Are we still on this Friday?

urbanpulse said...

hey ur comic strip is still too puny for a guy like me who has 4 eyes \0-0/