Thursday, September 15, 2005

I Can't Think of a Title

Thursday still occupies my consciousness somewhat. You know, it's very gratifying to be considered the smarter one by someone you consider smarter than you. Makes you wonder about the ones you don't consider as smart though. Especially as the conclusion was that you're smart when you're aware of your own ignorance. Now I'd better stop this rambling line of thought here because I'm starting to sound very dumb.

Moving on, Corin told me that one way to get out of the doldrums was to go out and give someone a hand. I've found that to be true before, and I found it to hold true today. As much as I would rather the contrary, I need people, just like everyone else, and it's self-defeating to be too introspective. Of course, such insight only comes upon introspection...does anyone see the irony here?

Last bit. Resume is Parker's best known poem, though not necessarily the best. Enjoy more of her brilliance.

General Review of the Sex Situation

Woman wants monogamy;
Man delights in novelty.
Love is woman's moon and sun;
Man has other forms of fun.

Woman lives but in her lord;
Count to ten, and man is bored.
With this the gist and sum of it;
What earthly good can come of it?

It'll be funny enough to laugh over if it didn't ring too true. Or maybe it's funny because it rings true. Mind you, I'm not saying it's true all the time so don't jump on me ok.