Friday, February 27, 2009

Gardening stories

One day, I want my own space to grow plants. A small strip of ground or a few windowsills because I can't manage a large area. I've tried that with dismaying results before. But it's something I've always wanted to do, and a few gardening stories today has reignited this interest.

It started with a gardening doodle by Andre Jordan from A beautiful revoltion. One of the comments left below linked to the story of how a rock garden was built: shaped by hand from a mass of rubble over the course of two years. As an added bonus, I also found out that cultivating a wildflower meadow takes three years.

Two things I'm taking a way from this:
(1) Diligence will rule. (Jon Acuff strikes home again!)
(2) Instead of waiting for beauty to come into your life, cultivate it instead.

Here's to a good weekend.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Photo credit: Matthew Stinson

No comments: