Thursday, September 25, 2008

Buying aunty clothes through modern means

Means I've bought vintage clothes online. Thrifting has been popular overseas for a while now, and there's a small but dedicated scene here. I haven't gone to the junkyard sales held regularly, mostly cos my weekends are already packed and I'm not crazy enough to squeeze in trekking all the way to KL/Bangsar, where these gatherings are.

All the pics below are from Your mom's fashion, which is the best site (and only one I've patronised) so far. I love the way they style their shoots, it puts them in a class above the rest.

First purchase ever, made two weeks ago. It arrived on Saturday and my brother called it weird. Well, it's different...the sleeves look puffier in real life and you need a degree of confidence to carry the dated look.


A new collection came out on Monday night and I picked this one up then. It should arrive by this weekend.


Very sadly, I wasn't quick enough to reserve this one. See the model waving goodbye? I would take it personally, but I like this dress so much that this picture is now set as my wallpaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU WORE that dress! i noticed it... it was the day when all of us went to your home (with armand) for spaghetti! :D