Monday, May 05, 2008

Farewell to Lucy

Lucky Lucy Diamond Jazz Poppy.

I drove her for nearly 5 years. Now I'm sentimental, in that I get attached to my inanimate possessions. I name them and sometimes talk to them and the thought of exchanging them for a brighter, better replacement makes me sad. Maybe I'm just resistant to change. But it was a necessary step to take, and I didn't mourn as much as I thought I would almost a month back when the hunt for another vehicle began. But that's probably because Lucy will be around for my mom and sis to use.

In fact, it was all a bit of a whirl - from dropping by the State car mart by on Sunday to take a look and then finding myself putting a $400 deposit down, fast forward to Friday and we're suddenly outside Menara Public Bank in KL getting the keys. Thinking about it makes me feel slightly bittersweet.

Dear girl, your legacy will live on in Poppy Ruby Ladybug Lucy.

No comments: