Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Writing to reach you

Because my inside is outside, my right side's on the left side
'Cos I'm writing to reach you, but I might never reach you
-Travis

Here's a little secret. I don't like to advertise my blog. I don't mind if people link me, in fact I find it rather flattering, but I wouldn't go around asking for it. I don't tell people about Introspection because it feels too self-promotional, too presumptuous that my self-absorbed posts here would interest other people.

But this blue little corner of the internet is terribly important to me, and it is terribly important to me if the people I know and care about read it. And most of them don't, because of the reason above. Clearly, this is one manifestation of my funny habit of not talking much about the things that are close to my heart. It's a form of self-protection. But like a hermit crab that has outgrown its shell, it's beginning to feel increasingly constrictive. Or is it isolated?

At any rate, this feels like a vain attempt to stem the tide of dislocation I feel.

1 comment:

oomoo said...

my sentiments exactly.