Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Surfing highlight: Tuesday, 15 Feb 2008

Vintage pyrex on d*s. Where else do I find such things? I've had this post bookmarked for me to return to look at properly for a few days, which I did today. The patterns are eye-catching enough for me to check out one of the sites it links:

Pyrex Love a wonderful pattern fix and resource on all things Pyrex-related. The pattern guide is excellent because most pics link you to a page with a write-up about that particular pattern and an ebay list of items from that line on sale. When I get married, I want this to go on my gift registry. In the mean time I wonder if such gems can be unearthed in thrift shops over here.

What knocked my socks off was finding out that the patterns shown in the picture here are vintage pyrex. I grew up with these in our kitchen! It was incredibly nostalgic to look at them - I haven't seen the Spice of Life casseroles in use of late and now I can't wait to go home, hunt them down and caress them.

[update: Fergs said that the butterfly gold 1 and 2 pattern is in his Muar home. I might just kneel over now, it's one of my favs!]

1 comment:

Genusfrog said...

when we go back to muar, we can cook something and serve it in the butterfly gold dish. actually, i think we got a white and blue one as well!