Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Eight for ole eight: Quarter 1 review

At the beginning of the year I optimistically banged out 8 to-do things this year. One quarter later and the numbers aren't looking good. However, there have been other accomplishments, the most noticeable being finally getting around to putting up a banner on Introspection (which I didn't even design). Which makes it a not very accomplishing accomplishment. Anyway, the picture's "They are leaning out for love" by Alena Hennessey.

Here's how I've done so far.


1. Family + attachments trip to a beach: Pending Chong's return for the summer holidays. Unless he decides not to return (unlikely).

2. Hold 2 BBQs: 1 down, one more to go.

3. Read 8 new books and blog about them: I've only read 1 new book, and I haven't blogged about it. It isn't that bloggable a book anyway.

4. Paint 4 pictures: 0 completed. But after visiting a gallery in The Garden's last Friday I think I am inspired.

5. Go for road trip to Ipoh: 0 progress. I'm questioning this one. Ipoh??

6. Write two plays: 0 completed. Not. A. Single. Word.

7. Learn how to use photoshop: 0 progress. But, I did very painstakingly put together the "My Blueberry Nights" collage below on Primitive Ms Paint and I am IMMENSELY PROUD OF IT because using Primitive Ms tools I doctored two of the photos so that they'll line up neatly.

[edit: I was just reminded that I helped to cut out the Wolverine figure for The Geek's birthday poster on Photoshop but I think that doesn't count because I just blindly did what I was told to for all of 5 minutes.]

8. Attend 1 MPO concert and 1 theater show that is not a musical: 0 progress

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Penang's still open. Let me know!

I mean .. for the beach .. getaway with attachments .. !

David[woohoo!]

Liz said...

Perhentian's nicer...

Genusfrog said...

two words: bagan lalang

:D