Monday, January 07, 2008

SIngapore snippets

Journey there: left the meeting point in Puchong at 9am and crossed the Causeway at about 4.30pm. There was a spontaneous lengthy detour to Muar for lunch.
Journey back: crossed the Causeway at 5.30pm and reached Damansara Heights at 7.50pm. It was the kind of drive where you squeeze your eyes shut and pray.


Uncle Jimmy opened his dinner speech with "For those of you who do not know me, I am a former politician from Johor and my name is Chua." He’s a witty man, and he called Vernon "cute" and "delicious". Really.

I'm more confident about playing in public, even after making a terrible blunder- I came in on the wrong chord on the third refrain and the panic from that caused me to miss several several lines after that. I survived the self-inflicted shame and am learning to trust my ability more.

Added another Charles & Keith pair to my collection, bring the total up to four. I shall slowly fill up the remaining gaps in my shoe wardrobe.

The best moment in the whole trip was the grass fight that broke out in the middle of a field. Fergs and I got up early on Sunday morning, went out in search for the nearest MRT, and instead of taking the walkway I suggested walking across a field to catch the morning sun and aroma of newly-cut grass.

Imagine the flurry of green bits flying in liquid sunshine.

4 comments:

Genusfrog said...

... and running in the rain. from wheelock to the bus station, from the bus station to the newsstand, from the newsstand to the edge of the building, and from there across that crazy road. and then, magic.

Liz said...

You got another pair of Charles & Keith! Never let me see also... :(

Genusfrog said...

they're toxic! charles n keith are toxic!

Anonymous said...

Humans have 2 Legs, therefore we need only ONE pair of shoes. Well.. at most.. 3 pairs for different occasions:

1 pair of running shoes
1 pair of slippers
1 pair of work shoes/heels (a lawyer/auditor will need an additional closed toed pair of heels)

Old Solution:
If any of the above is worn out --> Buy to REPLACE.

I agree. Charles N Keith are toxic. :D now i'm throwing away all that logic and starting a shoe collection when i return. LOL