Tuesday, January 15, 2008

DANGER: Do not open

Sometimes I do stupid things like walking up to doors with that sign and opening them. I'm not talking about literal doors and danger signs here.

Anyway, I did that today. The timing was uncanny as that door popped up right on the back of my post yesterday. You see, it's connected to an unresolved issue that has been hovering around like a shadow in the corner of your eye. I don't really regret what I saw, but it forced someone else to open that door too and I'm sorry for that. I've been asked to stop opening that particular door before and now, I'm finally ready to quit it. I no longer see it as denial, sweeping things under a carpet, running away from an issue.

It's not about the issue. There are far better channels to go to for that, like someone who actually cares for my wellbeing. It's about the spirit and intention behind the delivery. Why listen to the words of a known enemy? Why entertain a spirit of revenge and bitterness?

This is one particular can of worms that I'm not going to carry around anymore. Not on my reader, not out to lunch, not in my friendships, not on the plane to Melbourne. My hedgehog likes worms, so I'll feed it all to her and say "Good riddance."

Here's to brighter days ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hedgehog likes worms? You should have fed her those worms ages ago.. *wink*