Thursday, June 21, 2007

I admit

There are things that I'm genuinely happy about. Jobi. My job, friends at work. I know that it's more than I can ever ask for, and I am grateful. I don't mean to complain, or say that I'm not getting a good deal out of life, but I know that despite appearing so, I'm not ok.

Nobody seems to know how to make things better. They try, but I've pushed people who care about me away so much, they're at the point of giving up and walking away. I watch them out of the corner of my eye, wishing they will but hoping that they don't. If I'm to be completely honest with myself, I want them around...

I bury the hurt in anger. I've never been so angry in my life-the intensity of my emotions surprises me. I read before that anger is a sedative for pain, and I've certainly been using it as one. It makes a strong, hard front against the torrential hemorrhage under it.

Philip Yancey asked "Where is God when it hurts?" I hope that for each person, He'll be there for you. I'm really sorry for all the pain that I've caused.

No comments: