Monday, March 12, 2007

Silver linings

The bad and the good in the bad of the first half of today. Written during a well-deserved break at 1220.

3. I lost one side of a lovely pair of earrings I just bought on Saturday. It must have dropped out when I took my keys out to drive home from badminton. This must be the 4th or 5th time I’ve taken my earrings out and chucked it into my purse (usually in the key compartment as it’s the smallest), only to lose one side because stupid, of course it would get caught up with my keys and since I use my keys sooner or later, it’s almost guaranteed to fall out. Serves me
right. Well, I shouldn’t be too attached to my material trinkets so I’m not as upset over this loss. Besides, maybe the girl at the flea market booth will be able to make me a replacement side. Fingers crossed till Sat.

2. I woke up late (or rather, snoozed too many times) and arrived at the office 10 minutes after our training session was supposed to start. Was spared the embarrassment of walking in in front of everybody because it was postponed to 930. Well, I knew that it would very likely be pushed back but I’m still thankful anyhow.

1. I couldn’t connect to MSN, Gtalk or any sites besides work ones because of the ongoing domain and email migration. Need. Blog-hopping. Fix...*Cold sweat* Well, with no distractions, I’ve covered a record number of 7 commblocks this morning. Which is excellent by my previous standards because (i) On Mondays I’m still warming up to the work week (ii) I’m rather slow in the mornings (iii) this was done even after 1 hour was taken up with Outlook Training. Now that I’m all revved up, I’m aiming to cover 15 in the afternoon, as well as clear MTIG.

Oh wait, one more thing. I thought I’d dislike using Outlook but it’s actually not that bad. In fact, I don’t mind at all. And Angie gave me the correct connection settings so I've got everything back!

No comments: