Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday, 22 Feb

Yesterday’s post seemed somewhat like a grumble but it wasn’t meant to be. I enjoy festive seasons and I enjoyed the long weekend of excess. No regrets at all. [sticks chin out defiantly].

However, here’s a real grumble. Saturday’s shopping trip was unproductive; I only bought a pair of functional sandals. Sensible, practical and useful choice but I realise now that it is actually quite ugly. Bah.

Had the idea of recording my Chinese New Year resolutions. I’m pretty sure that I made New Year ones but I can’t recall any now. Here goes.

1) To read two new books a month. I’ve done half my quota for Feb-finished Lyddie by Katherine Patterson about three weeks ago. Hmm…one more week to go for the second, I’m gonna cheat with a thin book.

2) Not to get ragingly angry at turtles and name-call them nasty names. This applies especially to slow, dense ones. (just kidding!)

3) I’m running out of juice here. Errr. To bring an umbrella to work? I’ve had to run out to my car in the rain a number of times already but I'm still procrastinating on that. Yeah, it's nice to run in the rain, but not in workshoes and not with a 45min drive home after that.


4) Maybe I should ammend no 3) to stop procrastinating so much but...I'd rather do that some other time. Maybe next year.

No comments: