Monday, July 24, 2006

Over My Shoulder

Out of the blue, my blog readership seems to have increased. Truth be told, I'm ambivalent about it. I enjoy the attention but morn the loss of privacy. At the same time, I don't think most of the readers whom I started out with are around, due to my long periods of silence. This change of readership affects what and how I write.

That aside, I'm writing less and less for others to read and more for myself. This has become a tentative canvas for me to paint my emotions and experiences with words. Like all paintings, it is created based on the artists' personal vision and frame of reference. Therefore, an understanding of that is essential to understand her creation.

What I write is no longer primarily an archive for others to let them know what's happening in my life. That is but a by-product. Of course, the two functions overlap somewhat. However dear readers, bear in mind that more often than not, you are reading over my shoulder. That is why I do not offer explainations, unless you corner me in person and dig it out.

Anyway, I would like to acknowledge and thank all those all those who have left comments recently. Or cornered me in person to ask, "Are you OK?!!"

Yes, I am.

1 comment:

Genusfrog said...

ya man. a lot of hits nowadays.