Sunday, July 16, 2006

On today

Another dinner, another day. Today was supposed to be a fruitful day, but it flopped down like a oversized cake in the oven. 6 o' clock found me dressing to kill, pretty surface to hide the decay underneath; just like a whitewashed tomb.

Disconnected. Disenchanted. Disinterested in everything around.

I've done all that I can, yet I can't shake off the sense of falseness that envelops like a fog. It bugs me, but I'm tired of fighting. It's so much easier to surrender to apathy's numbing effect. Why care anymore? I'm tired of appologizing for the way I am; and really, really tired of explaining myself to the uncomprehending masses.

Why can't you understand me?

More searingly, why is it so important that you do?

This is the first time I can ever remember feeling ashamed of all the mistakes I have made.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nyyeeooOOoooooooWWWwwwwwwwww

Papati said...

Ugh, your last two posts were put up within half an hour of each other according to their time stamps.

Makes reading a little confusing, eh?

Things will get better Thay. Just give it time.

Saturday night, 6pm dressed to kill? Thought you would have been at church setting up Healing rally service.

Ashamed of the mistakes you've made? Tell me about it. I understand how that feels.

Know that there is no condemnation in Christ, and then proceed to encourage me to do the same once you've managed to convince yourself of this. =) Ha!

Cheers!

Precious things said...

hey babes!
haha had fun junking wit u ysterday.. =)

u left 2 traces of u yesterday..
1. ur green mentos
2. ur white scrunchie!

haha

i think u forgot abt them coz u didnt even ask me for them! haha