Monday, November 21, 2005

The Week that Was

It’s been over a week since I’ve blogged. Were did that week go? Here’s a brief account:

Was away in Pangkor from the 12th to 14th, Monash Business Club trip. Left Sunway at 7.30am and arrived at 2 pm. Travelling saps your energy and I slept at 4 am the previous night. The journey back topped that, we left the site at 10.45 Monday morning and reached uni at 6.30pm. Well, there was a 1 hour lunch stop. All in all though the place was pretty run down and I was tired and in an awkward state of mind, it was a good getaway. I liked the expanse of sea and sky, granite rocks, sea breeze and moonlight.

Celebrated Joseph’s birthday with the cell in Swenson’s on Tuesday. Cason and Wei Wen had the brilliant idea of buying him a kiddy party pack and we made him wear the hat and use all the noise-makers. Still waiting for the photos! Slept at 3 the day before but was up by 11 to do housework. Our maid disappeared two Saturdays ago, household chores are going to feature fairly prominently in my daily to-do-list. Oh, I started the first few pages of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon on Monday and I decided to read a few more chapters before I tucking in early, but ended up staying up till 2am to finish the entire book. Another late night.

The whole of Wednesday was spent in church helping out the 11-12 year old VBS class. Slipped out during one teaching session to take a 20 minute catnap in an empty room. Reached home at 6.30pm and went back out for prayer meet at 8.30. It was Alvina’s birthday so the plan was to go over to Sunway Perdana and surprise her in Kenneth’s place. Usual waiting around for everyone to arrive and get organized but it was fun to have about 20 of us crammed in the apartment, stayed till almost 12.30. Another late night.

Went in to church again after I got up to help out in the office the next day and stayed till 5. Back home for a quick dinner and came back out for worship practice at 7.30. During practice, Timmy called to ask if I was interested in catching the Harry Potter show at midnight ‘cos there was a spare ticket and I decided to go. Unfortunately there wasn’t another ticket for Liz. The movie ended at about 2.30 and I went for a drink with Li Jin, Vincent, Alex, Ker Liang, Timmy, Feli and Mark, pretty amusing hanging out with them. Cason, Terence, Wei Wen and Wei Yen went back. Found out later that Terence had a midterm paper the following day, crazy fella. Slept at 4.

Sadly due to the extremely late night, I couldn’t wake up on time to send Tim out for his fencing training. Was supposed to leave the house at 8.30 put we left 15 minutes later and though I pulled up in the parking lot at 9 according to my clock, he was considered late and punished. Needless to say, he was furious with me and I avoided him when he came back at 5. Went straight to church after that till my mom and sisters came by at 11 to pick me up. We went to MidValley to shop for a prom dress for Sarah and found a really gorgeous lilac one, which is a nice change from a conventional black gown. Maybe I’ll borrow it for Tze Siang and Siaw Jiun’s wedding this Sat, if the rest are dressing up too. Have to ask around. Anyway, we finished in MidValley at 3 and I went back to church for a short while before coming back home to do a few chores and then going for dinner at the Tan’s place with the rest of the cell. I think eating together before cell does wonders in laying the groundwork or mindset because the whole session after dinner-ice-breaker, worship, discussion and mamak-was excellent.

Saturday was basically housework and errands till church. Went early with Cason and Liz-he was on the keyboard, Liz on LCD duty and I was the soundwoman. This was my first time mixing since set up our new compressors properly and re-tweaked the equalizers, and the difference was noticeable. I received two compliments on my mix!

Was up rather late today, lazed around till noon then started ironing. Had an amusing, insightful lunchtime conversation with my mom and siblings over dating and marrying within the church, then ironed again till it was time to go rock-climbing at the Summit with my cellies. My first time, fingertips are raw from the rough climbing holds and ropes. Came home to a seafood dinner with my mom’s family. Time to shower now, it’s past midnight.

I think that this must be the first time I’ve actually written directly about what I did. How mundane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.. u've had a busy week eh?

Anonymous said...

wah, you sound like a mother of three :)

Papati said...

Haha, she seems to like to think that she's a mother of three the way she bosses them around. LOL.

Pangkor sounded awesome and sorry to hear that your maid disappeared. What do you mean by disappeared, exactly? Did she run off and if she did, did she take anything with her?

Cheers!