Monday, November 14, 2005

Birthday Profile-Joseph Hung Yong Jing

A shout out to my spiky-haired, robin-eyed, chirpy friend! Who incidentally happens to be rather bird-brained at times too, hahaha. God bless today and God bless you! I am eternally grateful for being blessed with such a fine sounding-board, crap-talker and all-round friend; a friend who is a great encourager, listener and occasional punching bag. I have been inspired by his earnest, innocent faith- unmarred by querulousness, straying stints, or disappointments through unmet expectations; a child-like and pristine faith.

It’s really been awesome knowing him, though he says that I’m too unpredictable for him to understand where I’m coming from at times. Understand this, I like it that way and it’s almost as if there’s a random switch in my head somewhere that I flip. What fun is there in completely understanding anything? Approximations are always way more dynamic and interesting. Gives rise to spontaneity and possibilities and such. Anyway, that is probably why the most common word I hear him use is ‘strange’. As in, “Oooh, strange”, “You’re so strange”, “That’s so strange”, or simply, “Huh? So strange”. I think that I shall respond the next time with, “I’m strange, but you’re queer.” Heh.

It’s only been two and a half months since he joined GT, but we clicked quite nicely right from the beginning. Since we were both going through similar situations, the foundation was laid through a fair bit of time spent venting to each other and then things continued from there. (I think that I ranted more than he did but oh, what can you expect. Being somewhat female, I would tend to go on and on about stuff and run around in circles-just ask long-suffering Liz. I would explain that it’s all part of the process of dealing with it, but I’m starting to go on and on…). We discussed issues of faith, living life and relating with humans. I do remember telling God maybe three months back that I wanted a close friend who could hear me out on things once again; it was a while since I had that and I missed it. I should qualify that by saying Liz has and always been my close friend, but you could say that I wanted the viewpoint of an outsider. So, it was very nice of God to arrange it all. Thank you, God.

Well. I do hope that my friendship can be as much of a blessing, that I can give in return what I have received. Thank you for everything here’s to a blessed year ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind comments. :) And everyone, the ice-cream was great!

Anonymous said...

Muchos gracias por tu compaƱerismo.

Entiendo su situaciĆ³n. No Problemas.

Ciao!