Thursday, August 21, 2008

The last week. Briefly.

Wednesday:
the hotel room is booked. Our first ever sibling retreat this Sun-Mon in Availion, Port Dickson is really happening.

Thursday:
as Fergus prepares to go off for shooting for 9 consecutive days I realise that I mind his coming absence. It takes some working through.

Friday:
I suddenly decided to join the Fantasy Football league after adamantly refusing for months. Fatal weakness on the last day, but Fergus is delighted.

Saturday:
shooting for Shoebox Tales and the 2008/09 EPL season begins! It is a light first day; shooting wraps at 5 and we watch the match together.

Sunday:
we only manage to finish packing and leave the house for PD at 2 in the arvo. In the end, our parents and David drove up for dinner and we watched the single men's badminton final together. Obviously there are separation issues.

Monday:
it's Liz's birthday. We came back from PD and visited Charles and Keith in The Pavilion. That night there was a family row that turned into a very introspective examination of our family members.

Tuesday:
Fergus was unable to be reached on set and we had a funeral to attend that night. I was upset even though I knew it was not his fault. Another one to work through.

Wednesday:
I decided to start doing a major rearrangement of my room furniture. Shooting ends at 10 and I finally see Fergus for the first time since Saturday. We arrived late for the funeral at 11:30 and left at 1, but it wasn't exhausting.

No comments: