Sunday, June 22, 2008

"I'm always glad when milestones are passed."

That's what Vernie, our 'executive produce' said after all the guests had left. I agree with that sentiment very much.

Anyhow. Hello. I've found my blogging motivation again. The weeks from my last post to now have been tumultuous, and I decided against putting it up here so please pardon the lack of activity here. But yesterday, a major hurdle was cleared - we held RSD's cast and crew screening in La Vista Bistro. The past three days have been a panic-driven, sleep-deprived scramble to finish up the poster-mock ups and make sure the movie was playable. Fergs and I pretty much arrived at the premier zonked, and I had a headache from the lack of sleep.

At times during these past few weeks, I've caught myself wishing temporarily for a less hectic, less stressful life. I miss the days when we took walks in the evening or had leisurely reading/movie dates and then talked for hours after that. Sometimes I'm resentful that Fergs is so busy and that I'm inevitably sucked into supporting him. But when I sit down to think about it, I've chosen to stand alongside him and I shouldn't complain about the sacrifices that have to be made. Especially for RSD.

I've always wanted to be a part of the movie, and I am immensely grateful to have been privy to the whole post-production process. I've seen the movie being shaped out of raw footage into a refined piece of art, helped make suggestions to improve it and survived the agony of technical setbacks. I love being a part of the unseen crew of people who labour to make the people onscreen watchable.

It's like keeping a secret.


No comments: