Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chocolate Brocade paper

So I self-loath quite a bit.

I find fault with stuff I make and there's no convincing otherwise that it is anything other than sub par. Just the other day I wrote a card out and hated my handwriting and the sentence construction so much, it never got sent.

It's rather paralysing, to put it mildly.


But yesterday night, I wrapped a gift and made a card and felt happy with the results. (Crooked edges, ignored!) I don't think I made any cards last year, but a very stimulating Tuesday evening in Papier and Ikea kick started the urge to create.

It's satisfying to feel like I've done something right. Here's to more of this satisfaction soon.

2 comments:

Genusfrog said...

the cutest paper bunnies ever in a box?

i think someone's finding her niche.

Yao-Hua Law said...

hey Athalia,
I am SO happy to read your message on my blog, not to mention noticing your unconcealed excitement.
yes, I was home, but only for 2 weeks (6--18 May). I had to return to US for my exam on 19th May and of course ...summer fieldwork.
you did cross my mind, really, but I was too busy studying to make any calls/meet up. My bad, I guess a call wouldn't have been disastrous.

nevertheless, I am planning on returning for Chinese New Year next Jan!!!! YES!!! let's meet up then?

and if you are married by then, give me an angpow too :)