Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Colour my world

Wine-coloured moments fill my glass as blueberry nights and rose coloured days twirl by, laughing with glee. I savor each sip. Caught up in the dance of events, the rhythms and patterns spinning out rapidly, like a thread. It's intoxicating. Even at when I sleep, it continues. Light-headed and breathless, it's hard to keep my head down on the pillow, hard to keep my eyes shut. Dreams tiptoe through and slumber is so light, I wake easily and before sunrise…

These are heady times. I've found my paintbrush, and I'm going to take up painting again. I catch myself smiling regularly and it feels exactly like the picture above-I'm drifting in a pool of warm water, suspended over a fascinating, undulating floor of shapes and tone. Brilliant darks smoulder; saturated tones are all aglow with warmth and vivid flashes sing out in high, clear tones. We touch. I blush pastel, and the colours bubble up with joy, seeping into the world around me.

"Daffodils and roulette wheels and rusty automobiles
Somewhere our things share the same windowsill"

Jewel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can see why you love your blogsite. It's nice.

Anyhows, I'm back, and I'm kicking blog-ass!

Time to update that link!

http://www.bigboyalready.com