Thursday, February 01, 2007

Living life with no regrets.

Possible?

Qianyi told me that she made it a point to live so that she wouldn't have any. Which is a very good to do except. I don't know. It hovered in my consciousness after that, rather like a tiny stone in your shoe that doesn't exactly hurt but you can't forget. And I wonder: how do you know what you will or will not regret? What if you went ahead and pursued something but upon looking back, you realised that it hindered you from doing something else? What if you end up regretting that because you were so busy doing so many things so that you wouldn't regret not doing them, you somehow missed out on...Special Stuff that requires Devoted Attention?

Maybe she meant she didn’t waste time by looking back on decisions/happenstances and wishing things were different. In that case, I’d agree. To live life without regrets means being able to refuse succumbing to regret even when there is cause to do so.

No comments: