Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Rest of the Facts

Up at 9.10ish. In hindsight, it was good that traffic was a little heavier than normal, was busy concentrating on the road and not what I would say about my probably unreadable disc. Arrived just before 930 but thankfully, there was time to test it out. Seems that Sunday services are not as tight as Sat. There were only 4 people in the AV box, with much less clutter and frantic activity. Nice.

Oh yeah, it could play and the quality wasn’t crap like the last one. But by then it was already an afterthought. It was nice to attend Sunday morning worship, with a bunch of not very well-rehearsed kids on stage trying to get the passive crowd to respond.
It was nice to be anonymous for once, standing at the back and watching the undermanned AV crew struggle cheerfully. It was nice not to feel hypocritical in church for once, because nothing is expected of me.

It's been ages since my Sunday morning has been as pleasant. Actually getting out of bed at a decent hour because there’s something that has to be done sure beats wasting the morning away by staying semi-asleep in bed cos there’s nothing, not even the will power, to force you onto your feet. Whew.

And the drive home.
It reminded me of the dream of a promise, or a promise of a dream of lazy Sunday morning drives with you.
I saw you in service today and my heart skipped a beat, but it wasn’t you.
I saw the road stretched away in front, with the sun not too hot and a sprinkling of other cars about for company. You for company. And I never had to come back to where I am right now.

If only.

No comments: