Sunday, August 13, 2006

All the Facts

Finally turned off the com at 4.30am last night. Not that I worked the whole time from 12 though. Productivity plummeted at about 1.30 and I finished before 2 anyway. Filming the second part and the whole editing process was actually a breeze. I was actually happy. Wow.

Getting the clip onto a disc in a readable format was the killer. Stupid, stupid, stupid me didn’t remember to check how to do it and at 3am, there’s nobody you can ask. Stupid, stupid, stupid Macs. All I could do was burn it as a QuickTime movie and when I tested it on my home PC (using QuickTime), it couldn’t support the video, so only the audio played. I thought it unrealistic to hope that the Parousia PC would miraculously be any different.

So, in situations like that you’re supposed to commit it to God right? You know, do your best, and let God do the rest. Amazingly, I could. I could not have done it any earlier, any other way, any differently. Letting God do the rest is much easier when you can look yourself in the eye and said that I really, truly, absolutely did try the bestest of my best.

Then I flipped open The Daily Bread.

“All the known facts are not all the facts”, and “The known facts are against them. But God, who came down in the person of Jesus, is on our side. We have a hope that does not disappoint.”

Even when the known facts are against me, I have a hope that does not disappoint.

The poem at the end was the breaker.

The Lord above has kept you safe, Yes all throughout the night.
Why, then, should you awake to fear the things beyond your sight?


All we’ve seen of God’s provision teaches us to trust Him for what is unseen.

I cried a little and went to bed. After all, why should I lie awake to fear the things beyond my sight, even when the known facts appear to be against me?

No comments: