Sunday, April 23, 2006

He sees my every tear

It’s amazing. While the trial still continues and looks likely to end later rather than sooner, I now know a little bit better that He truly is my Advocate. To be honest, I didn’t expect much help from Him before this. I was preparing myself to slog through the mire in solitude and grim determination till I pass the valley and find rest in His Arms. If I can only scrap it through, He’ll be standing at the end cheering me on towards Him.

No, He is right beside me, and I see Him laying a path of stepping stones through the bog. Bit by bit, He guides me towards my deliverance.

Twice now it has happened. Same place, same person, same circumstances and though the slighted party, I have always come out better (if not, the victor but I am shy about boasting so much), not by anything I did but because of the way the whole encounter was orchestrated. You can rationalize it away as coincidence but I see God behind the scene, working with care, delicacy and if I may say so, a tiny little bit of glee. It is beautiful to behold. God, my Deliverer and my Defender, has an amazing sense of justice and humour.

If my God is for me, then who can be against me?

Having now experienced it first hand, it is easier to trust Him to right injustices and wrongs that I am currently facing in His due time, according to how He sees fit. Once again, His timing works out perfectly. I mean, why did He choose this time to address a past injustice?

It is to reassure me in current circumstances.
“Vengeance is mine, I will repay” says the Lord.
It is my part to be still, and know that He is God.

No comments: