Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fasting

Started last Saturday, on the 18th. Actually (albeit unwittingly) had a trial run two weeks ago and it was easier than I thought it would be. In retrospect though, that was mostly because that particular week was very full, with no opportunity to sit and ruminate over it.

There's more time for that now. Yesterday night, in a rather morbid frame of mind the thought occured if I was being foolish by making such a big deal over the whole thing. Why the need? Is it an excuse to hide?

As I told Liz, to get through this I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to occupy myself.

26 days to go and counting.

1 comment:

Papati said...

Ugh. I'm finding it exceedingly difficult to fast. I've done about three nights without dinner since last Thursday, and every time I skipped a meal, I felt like I was gonna die. hahahaha.

I think I'll start fasting chocolate instead. Its more difficult than it sounds. I love chocolate and I eat it all the time.

All the best in your fast! Hope you stay more disciplined than me! hahaha.

Cheers!