Sunday, September 25, 2005

Waiting to Play Futsal...

Five days since writing anything. Fear not, I have not abandoned this humble blog. (Apparently, it looks terribly unadorned and plain). Actually started on a new post twice, but couldn’t carry them both to full term and so their aborted skeletons are tucked away in my folder. It’s sad when a piece dies prematurely, but I hope to resurrect them someday. Ironically, one of them was about God’s timeliness but I just didn’t have the time or inspiration to sit down and develop it.

Anyway, in less than two hours, the Kool’s (plus a few imported players) will meet for our third ever futsal session. Anticipation is running high. Some even bought new boots. It looks like this is going to be a permanent fixture in our cell’s activity list. Personally, I’ve always shunned organized sports (Calvin and Hobbes are my role models!) so understandably, I’ve had ample practice and am very good at them. Not. I don’t mean to be a wet blanket and it’s been great fun so far but guys, if you want to go beyond having fun to playing seriously, it’s not going to be possible. A few of us (namely, the entire female minority plus some!) are complete dopes when it comes to anything involving balls-in more than one way, I might add but that’s beside the 'point'. However, the rest have been very gentlemanly and given us due deference on court so far. Let’s continue with that spirit ok? It’s a wee bit unnerving for me when I’ve received a few threats to get my comeuppance on the pitch, over some slight verbal jabs. Bah, why do guys always have to get so physical? I invoke the protection of my sex due to me as a female! Not that anyone’s going to read this till after the game. Anyway, I fell twice during the last session so I don’t really need any help in that department. Ah well, I doubt they’ll remember it anyway and it’s all in good fun. Though, why don’t you all be good sports and let me mock you people from the sidelines?

3 comments:

NickTay said...

Hehe...not good with anything to do with balls :) You know what? You can go to www.blogskins.com to get a template for your blog. Mine is basicly from there and added a few changes. When I am back I can show you :) Miss you thay! Take care when playing with boys! Love ya :)

Anonymous said...

do we get to see pictures of you onn the pitch??

Athalia said...

Yeah, but only if you're a yahoo group Kool member (sticks out tongue)
Nick: Yeah, I went to blogskins but please do help me when you get back, I'm too malas to do anything by myself. The boys should be the ones taking care when they play with me...haha. Love u too!